Sunday 21 June 2009

Bike #3...





Third in the series of the grand clearout, is this offering. A much larger frame this time (24") - I normally pass this size up, but I've got a bit of a sickness when it comes to things two-wheeled.

Still needs a clean up, and a couple of bits were past saving (pedals and brake), so I've sorted some others to finish it off right. Spec runs as folows: Raleigh frame & forks, Rigida chrome rims laced to Maillard hubs, nice old Sugino Maxi singlespeed 48T crankset, New Dicta 16T freewheel, Weinmann sidepull front brake or rear if you fancy, and some more VP pedals. Cool ITM bull barsand stem suit the bigger frame - ideal if you're 6' plus - it'd save you getting off crippled when you arrive at work! If interested email me - it's going on eBay if there are no takers...

And, as a footnote, just when I said no to buying more stuff, I saw a postcard in the window of the papershop this morning... 14 speed Peugeot. Half an hour later - I've already fallen off the wagon. Still, it'll make a sweet track bike (really quite nice), unless I decide it's too good to strip the gears off? Pics later. Much later...

No comments: